Welcome, Everyone!

A site to share a family perspective on compassionate, eco-conscious living, including fast, easy vegan recipes that taste good enough for everyone. Browse, comment, share!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We Miss Chocolate Candy!

Do you miss certain foods since becoming vegan?  For me, it's chocolate candy, especially peanut butter cups.  The vegan chocolate bars I've tried taste nothing like a good, old-fashioned Hershey bar.  Last night, my daughter was experimenting with a peanut butter cup recipe.  She started with the chocolate frosting recipe from the December 2nd post to this blog, but omitted the agave nectar to cut some of the sweetness.  She mixed peanut butter with soy milk for the center filling, and put each layer in the freezer for a short time to set.  The proportions still are not quite right, though, as the chocolate overpowers the peanut butter flavor.  When we get it right, I'll post the recipe.  In the meantime, if you have any recipes or suggestions, please post them as a comment.  I can't wait to share them!

Note:  I recently found a variation of a peanut butter cup recipe in Alicia Silverstone's book "The Kind Diet."  If you make it, please tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment