Welcome, Everyone!

A site to share a family perspective on compassionate, eco-conscious living, including fast, easy vegan recipes that taste good enough for everyone. Browse, comment, share!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Eco-effect of Christmas Lights

Is anyone else concerned about the eco-effect of all the Christmas lights going up, or am I being a total grinch? My family put up our lights on Black Friday (a very modest display-the kids call it "lame"). I was actually disappointed when they turned them on that night. After all, it wasn't even December yet. Now that December is here, lights are everywhere! What to do? For myself, I'm living like a mole in my house, with no lights turned on during the day, to offset the Christmas lights at night. There must be a better way! The LED lights seem to have promise, but we don't have those yet. PLEASE share your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment