Welcome, Everyone!

A site to share a family perspective on compassionate, eco-conscious living, including fast, easy vegan recipes that taste good enough for everyone. Browse, comment, share!

Friday, December 18, 2009

Vegan Recipes - You're Kidding, Right?

Anyone who knows anything about me knows one thing for sure - I cannot cook and  I do not even enjoy being in the kitchen.  So just imagine the amused looks when they find out my blog includes vegan recipes.  My own children give me exaggerated eye-rolls when I ask for a recipe idea for the blog. My response is "No, I'm not kidding," because the point is this:  If I can live a vegan lifestyle and bring my family along with me, ANYONE CAN!  You don't have to be a good cook and you don't need to be an expert from day one.  But you do have to be committed to the journey, and be willing to read labels. To learn which ingredients are vegan, vegetarian or not, I rely on an invaluable book:  "Vegan & Vegetarian FAQ" by the Vegetarian Resource Group.  When I first decided to become vegan, I took this book with me to the grocery store.  It really doesn't take long to learn which prepared foods are acceptable.  You can find a wealth of information about everything vegan and vegetarian at their website, http://www.vrg.org/.
Please check it out and share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment