Welcome, Everyone!

A site to share a family perspective on compassionate, eco-conscious living, including fast, easy vegan recipes that taste good enough for everyone. Browse, comment, share!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Real Men Carry Reusable Shopping Bags Too!

Last night I was in the parking lot of the local Whole Foods Market and I saw a man walking to his car with a reusable shopping bag full of groceries.  "So what?" you might ask.  The thing is, I was so struck that it was a man!  After the entire "'Paper or Plastic?' Neither." campaign, this should not be unusual!  But I believe it is. Even my own husband has never used a reusable bag.  This is completely unacceptable.  So what do we do to fix it?  How do we get men on board with reusable shopping bags?  Maybe availability is key.  I'm going to put a generously-sized one in my husband's car.  That way there's no excuse.  But that does nothing to change the situation in the world at large.  How about a whole new marketing campaign aimed specifically at men?  Ad people out there, this is your call to action!  If you have any more ideas, please post a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment