Welcome, Everyone!

A site to share a family perspective on compassionate, eco-conscious living, including fast, easy vegan recipes that taste good enough for everyone. Browse, comment, share!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pizza Soup

I don't know about you, but I'm appalled by the amount of sodium in canned soups.  Even the organic, vegan varieties contain an inordinate amount of sodium!  This prompted me to develop my own quick version that my kids have dubbed "pizza soup."  All you need is a can of diced or petite cut tomatoes with NO SALT ADDED.  For a half cup serving, scoop 1/2 cup of the tomatoes with their juices into a microwave safe bowl.  Add freshly ground pepper, Italian seasoning, and vegan cheddar or mozzarella "cheese" shreds (I use Daiya) to taste.  For me, the spicier, the better!  Cover loosely with parchment paper or paper towel and microwave on high for 1 minute, 50 seconds.  Stir before eating, and you're done.  Simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment